You will need a small lotteries licence if you are raising money by selling tickets to the public for a draw or sweepstake.
You can't hold a small lottery for personal or commercial gain. Small lotteries should be for charity, or for participation in or support of sports, games or cultural activities.
To apply for a small lotteries licence, you will need to:
- download and complete the application form
- return the form to us
- pay the fee of £40
Once we receive your application, we will:
- review your application within 14 days
- notify you of our decision
- inform you of how you should carry out the lottery, and what you need to do afterwards
After the lottery
Within one month of the lottery, you need to send us a lottery return form, to inform us of:
- how much you collected
- any expenses you incurred
- how the charity are using the proceeds