Skin piercing and tattooing
If you are offering skin piercing or tattooing services, you need to register yourself and your premises. This applies if you offer:
- semi-permanent skin colouring
- cosmetic piercing, including ear piercing
You can read tattooing and body piercing guidance on GOV.UK.
To register yourself, you will need to:
- be a registered practitioner
- complete the register a person form
- upload your completed application form and pay the £60 fee
Register a premises
To register a premises, you will need to:
- complete the register a premises form
- upload your completed application form and pay the £103.40 fee
What happens next
Once we receive your application, we will:
- send you a certificate of registration within 14 days
- inspect your premises once you have received your certificate, to confirm you are complying with our bylaws and health and safety legislation
You do not need to renew your licence each year. It will be valid unless you surrender it or we revoke it.
You can also view a list of existing licensed premises on our piercing premises register.