Take part in our survey to assess the support that businesses will need in the short, medium and longer-term, and you could win tickets to Enlightened at Hylands Estate. Complete the survey by 7 December for your chance to win.
Premises and club licence fees
The fee you pay for a premises licence or club licence depends on the non-domestic rateable value of the premises.
If a premises falls within bands D or E, and is mainly used for the supply of alcohol for consumption on the premises, then the following fees apply:
- band D: £900
- band E: £1,905
There are different fees for large events with capacity for 5000 or more on the premises at any one time. You can contact us.
Large events with a capacity of less than 5000 will be subject to the above fees.
Alternatively, you can write to:
Chelmsford City Council
You will not need to pay a fee for a new application if the premises is:
- an educational institute (school or college)
- a church hall, chapel hall or other similar building
- a village hall, parish hall or community hall
- or an other similar building
- you are making the application as the owner of an educational institute, and
- regulated entertainment on the premises is for and on behalf of the school or college
If any of the above exceptions apply, you will not need to pay the annual fee.
These exceptions do not apply if:
- the licence permits the sale of alcohol, or
- entertainment is not provided for or on behalf of the school or college