Incoming licensing applications
As the Licensing Authority, we publish information about the applications we have received.
The information includes:
- the applicant's name and address
- the premises location
- a brief description of the application
- the closing date for making relevant representations
Making a representation
To make a representation, you will need to write to:
Chelmsford City Council
You can also submit your representation online by contacting us.
You will need to make your representation no later than midnight on the closing date for the application.
We will not consider any representations that:
- we receive after the closing date, or
- don't include your details
You must include your name and address when making the representation. We will only withhold details if there is a well-founded concern to the safety of the person or their immediate family.
Your representation needs to be relevant to the four licensing objectives. It must not be repetitious, frivolous or vexatious.
A representation made by a committee member on behalf of any formal group must be in the minutes.
We will consider any joint representations as one.
Once we receive your representation, we will:
- consider the validity of the representation
- notify the applicant, and send them the representation in full, including the name and address
- include your representation in our report to the licensing sub-committee
You can withdraw your representation at any time before a hearing.
It is an offence to knowingly or recklessly make a false statement in connection with an application. A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale.