There are two ways a parish tier council can meet the expenses of its members associated with the conduct of their duties.

One is to pay some or all of the members a basic parish tier allowance. The amount paid, and who it should be paid to, should come from recommendations from an independent remuneration panel. The panel should be set up by the City Council. 

The other is to pay a travelling and subsistence allowances for certain duties of a parish councillor. A parish council may introduce these without a remuneration panel.

An independent remuneration panel has recommended the following levels of payment for parish-tier allowances.

Is there something wrong with this page?

You can report issues with the website using our website feedback form, which will go directly to the Web Team. This team will be unable to deal with your enquiry if it is not related to the website.