We have published our plans for Chelmsford for the next few years.
Our Chelmsford, Our Plan sets out our priorities which will improve the lives of residents. We want to make Chelmsford a fairer, greener, safer and better-connected place to live, work and visit.
The plan outlines our new priorities under four themes.
A fairer and inclusive Chelmsford
We want to promote sustainable and environmentally responsible growth to stimulate a vibrant, balanced economy, a fairer society and providing more housing of all types.
A safer and greener place
- making Chelmsford more attractive
- promoting Chelmsford’s green credentials
- ensuring communities are safe
- creating a distinctive sense of place
Healthy, active and enjoyable lives
- encouraging people to live well
- promoting health and activity
- reducing social isolation
- making Chelmsford a happier place to live, work and play
- bringing people together
- empowering local people
- working in partnership to build community capacity, stronger communities and to secure investment in the city
You can download the plan.