- Search and track applications using Public Access
- Comment on applications using Public Access
- Comment on applications by post
You can use Public Access to view planning applications that we have received. You can search for applications, track their progress and add comments.
Public Access uses tabs, and you can use these to:
- view details of the application, including a summary, contacts and important dates
- make a comment if the application is in the consultation period
- view comments from consultees
- view plans and documents, including drawings, decision notices and officer reports
- look at any related cases
- view the location of the application on a map
Many of the building plans, documents and drawings include very detailed information. You may find it easier to view these documents on a desktop computer, rather than on a smartphone or tablet.
If you don’t have access to the internet or a desktop computer, you can use self-service desktop computers at:
- the Customer Service Centre, Civic Centre
- Chelmsford Library
- South Woodham Ferrers Library
You can also make comments by post if you are unable to use Public Access.
1. Search and track applications using Public Access
You can use the simple search on Public Access to find an application easily, using the application reference number, postcode or address.
You can also use the:
If your search returns a number of results, the description of works and the address will help you identify the application you are looking for.
When you have selected the planning application, you can then use the tabs to find the information you need.
You can also set up an email notification to tell you if the status of the application changes, by selecting 'track'.