Read the Charter
We, the people, businesses, organisations and schools in Chelmsford want our city to be a vibrant place to work, study, thrive and do business.
We recognise that…
- cycling has an important role to play in addressing challenges such as congestion, inactive lifestyles, pollution and population growth
- cycling supports business, boosts economic productivity and contributes to the health and well-being of residents, workers and visitors
- pressure on the growing city will be relieved if more people cycle
- increased physical activity helps ease the burden on our health and social care services
We want Chelmsford to be a city where…
- children can cycle to school or college safely
- people can travel to work safely, directly and easily on a convenient and connected cycle network
- our roads and public spaces prioritise people and make cycling the safe, natural choice for a large proportion of everyday journeys
- cycling contributes to our prosperity, helps us stay healthy and keeps people and goods moving
We want to support our leaders in delivering this better future for the people, businesses, organisations and schools of Chelmsford.