The Chelmsford City Sports app is run by Chelmsford City Council and was developed by Innovatise GmbH.
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this app. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours and contrast levels
- zoom in up to 300%
- navigate most of the app using just a keyboard
- listen to most of the app using a screen reader
We've also made the app text as simple as possible to understand, and made sure the colour contrasts meet accessibility guidelines.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
We know that some parts of this app are not fully accessible:
- You cannot navigate within the app using speech recognition software
- You cannot make changes to the fonts within the app, such as make them bold
- Some of the advertising elements do not contain alt text for descriptions
As the app is provided by a third party, there are some things that we are unable to make accessible to all.
What to do if you can't access parts of the app
If you need information on this app that is not accessible to you, you can visit our website or call the centres to speak to a team member.
- Riverside Leisure Centre: 01245 615050
- Chelmsford Sport and Athletics Centre: 01245 605666
- South Woodham Ferrers Leisure Centre: 01245 605600
- Dovedale Sports Centre: 01245 605685
Reporting accessibility problems with this app
If you find any problems that are not listed in this statement, you can contact us online.
We are committed to making our app accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This app is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed previously in this statement.
How we tested this app
We tested a sample of pages of the app using the built in mobile phone accessibility tools in June 2021. The sample represented each page type.
This statement was published on 19 June 2021, and was reviewed in September 2022.