Chelmsford City Council

Report a noise problem

1. Report a noise problem

Report now

You can report a noise problem to us if the noise is having a significant impact on you and your family.

Before you report a noise problem to us, you should try to speak to the person responsible for the noise. This also applies if the issue is with a busker.

You can find out about resolving neighbour disputes on GOV.UK.

If you can’t solve the problem by speaking to the person responsible for the noise, you can report it to us.

To report a noise problem, you will need:

  • your name, address and contact details
  • what the noise is
  • where you think the noise is coming from
  • how long the noise lasts for
  • how often the noise happens
  • the time the noise usually happens
  • how the noise is affecting you and your family

We only look at online noise reports during our opening hours. If you experience a noise problem outside of 8:45am and 16:45pm Monday to Friday, you need to use our out of hours noise service.

    Contact Public Health and Protection

    Purple Phone Icon.png
    01245 606606
    Ask for "Public Health"
    Purple Phone Icon.png

    01245 606200 
    Out of hours noise - option 2

    Mandatory field

    Is there something wrong with this page

    Go to: