Litter prevention action plan
A Litter Prevention Action Plan outlines actions to tackle littering and fly-tipping against each of these areas:
- information - ensuring effective and consistent messaging to prevent littering
- infrastructure - improving the facilities needed to reduce litter and promote recycling
- enforcement - strengthening the deterrent effect of legislation
We can’t address litter and fly-tipping alone. We are working with our local partners to:
- share resources,
- deliver objectives,
- provide knowledge and ideas,
- influence others
We work with community groups, schools, individuals and local businesses. We can help you improve your area in many ways, including:
- hosting and supporting local clean ups by providing loan equipment and waste collection through Love Your Chelmsford
- encouraging recycling through kerbside collections and recycling bins throughout Chelmsford
- advising organisations of their waste requirements
- promoting community minded behaviours through campaigns such as responsible dog ownership through the Green Dog Walkers Scheme
- promoting through our communication channels such as our website, Facebook page and City Life articles
- taking enforcement action where it merits, such as issuing fixed penalty notices
We want to encourage as many businesses as possible to create their own Litter Prevention Action Plan.
These plans would outline specific actions that you or your organisation can take towards litter prevention.
We are happy to advise and discuss your Litter Prevention Action Plans. We can help create personalised and localised actions for your community.
You can submit your plan online.
When you submit your plan, we will review it and add it to our website.
We will also provide you with a window sticker for your business to highlight and promote the work you are doing in your community.
You can download a physical copy of the template if you wish to display it in your business.
You can also download a copy of the guidance, as well as an example we have created for: