We investigate reports of litter, ranging from small items such as cigarette butts to larger items such as food and drink containers.
Litter does not include fallen leaves, twigs or branches.
We remove litter if it is:
- on the road
- on the pavement
- in a public space
We are also responsible for emptying overflowing litter bins.
We do not remove litter if it is in a river (rivers are maintained by the Environment Agency).
To report litter, you will need:
- your name, address and contact details
- information about where the problem is located
- any further information that you think is relevant
- photos or evidence of the problem, if you have it
How we deal with litter
Once we receive your report of litter, we will:
- acknowledge your report
- visit the location
- resolve the problem within 10 working days