Take part in our survey to assess the support that businesses will need in the short, medium and longer-term, and you could win tickets to Enlightened at Hylands Estate. Complete the survey by 7 December for your chance to win.
Apply for Business Rates relief
If you are eligible for a Business Rates relief scheme, we can reduce your Business Rates.
You can look at GOV.UK for more detailed information about Business Rates relief schemes.
You can also view our policy about discretionary rate relief.
In the Chelmsford area, you can apply for:
- small business rate relief
- rural rate relief
- charitable rate relief
- empty buildings relief
- charity and community amateur sport club relief
- local newspapers relief
- retail discount
You can apply for small business rate relief or local discretionary relief online.
Small business relief
To apply for small business rate relief, you will need:
- the name of the business
- your name and contact details
- your Business Rates account number
- the address of the business property
- the current rateable value of the business property
- information about any other business properties that you occupy in England
You can contact us to apply for any other scheme.