Recreational led cycle rides for adults and families
A programme of recreational cycle rides takes place throughout the year led by experienced ride leaders.
The programme recommences on Saturday 1st March 2014.
The rides follow many of the quiet traffic-free routes around the City. The emphasis is on fun and the rides are open to everyone, especially those who haven’t been on a bike for years. We usually stop for a relaxed coffee and there’s always time to chat while cycling.
The cycle rides start with nice, short routes lasting 45 minutes and we progress at your pace.
Children are welcome but must be accompanied by a parent and be able to cycle comfortably for up to an hour. Of course, parents with trailers or bike seats can bring younger children along.
Dates and times
- Rides will take place From Riverside Ice & Leisure Centre every Thursday with start time of 10am and every Saturday with a start time of 2pm.
This is a useful checklist of things to remember:
- Your own bicycle – which needs to be in satisfactory working order. There will be a bike check at the start but it is not possible to conduct maintenance on the day. If in any doubt about the condition, please do contact the organiser (below).
- Suitable clothing for cycling outdoors. We recommend clothes that won’t catch, layers and waterproofs and flat shoes that won't slip off.
- We recommend that participants wear a cycle helmet.
- Finally, it is worth bringing a drink and snack. We do stop for a coffee, so a few pennies.
- Most important, bring yourself.
Any questions, please do get in touch with Richard Monk – details below.
Local Cycling Development Officer
CTC the national cycling charity
Tel: 01206 506412
Mobile: 07717 724089
These rides have been organised and co-ordinated by CTC, the national cycling charity with the support of Chelmsford City Council and Essex County Council.