By-election in Marconi ward
Following the resignation of Catherine Finnecy, there is now a vacancy in the Marconi Ward of Chelmsford City.
We will hold a by-election on Thursday 7 November. The other key dates are:
- 12 midnight on Tuesday 22 October, which is the deadline for registering to vote in this election
- 5pm on Wednesday 23 October, which is the deadline for applying for a postal vote
- 5pm on Wednesday 30 October, which is the deadline for applying for a proxy vote
If you have already registered for a postal vote, we will start sending these out from Friday 18 October.
The candidates standing in this election are:
- Paul Bishop, Labour Party
- Steven Chambers, Independent
- Ben Harvey, The Green Party Candidate
- Ben McNally, The Conservative Party Candidate
- Smita Rajesh, Liberal Democrat
By law, we are not permitted to publish any further details about the candidates or what they stand for.
You can also view the:
Working at an election
If you would like to work at an election, you can register your interest.