How we deal with a breach of planning permission
Once we receive your complaint, we will follow a four stage process.
1. Acknowledge your complaint
We will acknowledge your complaint within three working days. We will also tell you:
- the priority of your case
- the timescales for our investigation
2. Carry out a site inspection
We will carry out site inspections based on the priority of your case. We will investigate:
- high priority cases no later than two working days
- unlawful advertisements within 15 working days
- all other breaches of planning control within 10 working days
3. Prepare an initial report
We will prepare an initial report within 28 days of receiving your complaint, and make recommendations to remedy any planning breach.
4. Notify you of the outcome
We will update you, and anyone else involved, once we have completed our site inspection and initial report.
You can find out about the actions we can take on the government’s Planning Practice Guidance.