Changes to local land charge searches
On Tuesday 28 March 2023, we migrated our local land charges service to HM Land Registry's national digital register. You can now apply for an official LLC1 via the HM Land Registry website. We will continue to provide replies to Con29 and CON29O enquiries.
Types of local land charges search
A local land charges search is made up of:
- Form LLC1, a search of the Local Land Charges Register, which is carried out by HM Land Registry
- Form CON29 Required Questions and CON29O Optional Questions, to request details of information that may affect a specific property or piece of land, which we carry out
Form CON29 Required Questions includes information about:
- previous planning applications
- building regulations and certificates for works
- highways and traffic
- the environment
- public paths and byways
- the current or proposed local plan policies
Optional Form CON29O Optional Questions information includes about:
- common land and village greens
- mineral consultation areas
CON29 Revisions 2016 provides guidance on the updates to these questions.
You can request:
- CON29 Required Questions only
- CON29O Optional Questions only
We charge different amounts for each search that we carry out.