1. View current building control applications
You can use Public Access to view building control applications that we have received. You can search for applications and track their progress.
Public Access uses tabs, and you can use these to:
- view details of the application, including a summary and important dates
- view documents
- look at any related cases
- view the location of the application on a map
Many of the building documents include detailed information. You may find it easier to view these documents on a desktop computer, rather than on a smartphone or tablet.
If you don’t have access to the internet or a desktop computer, you can use self-service desktop computers at:
- the Customer Service Centre, Civic Centre
- Chelmsford Library
- South Woodham Ferrers Library
You can use the simple search on Public Access to find an application easily, using the application reference number, postcode or address.
You can also use the:
If your search returns a number of results, the description of works and the address will help you identify the application you are looking for.
When you have selected the building control application, you can then use the tabs to find the information you need.