Public Health Checks
Our trained leisure staff are now carrying out NHS Health Checks across our four leisure sites.
Our trained leisure staff are now carrying out free NHS Health Checks for 40 to 74 year olds, dependent on meeting the listed criteria. NHS Health Checks are available at the listed leisure sites:
- Riverside Leisure Centre
- Chelmsford Sport and Athletics Centre
- South Woodham Ferrers Leisure Centre
- Dovedale Sports Centre
What is the NHS Heath Check
The NHS Health Check is a free overall check-up of your health that lasts between 20 and 30 minutes. It can highlight the risk of developing health conditions, such as:
- heart disease
- kidney disease
If you meet the below eligibility, you’re entitled to the free NHS Health Check-up.
- Aged between 40 to 74
- Registered with an Essex GP or live in Essex (Excludes Southend and Thurrock)
- Not taking blood pressure, cholesterol tablets or statins
- Not known to have diabetes
- Never suffered a stroke
- Never suffered a heart attack
- Not diagnosed with coronary heart disease or heart failure
- Not diagnosed with peripheral arterial disease
- Not diagnosed with chronic kidney disease
- Not diagnosed with atrial fibrillation
- Not had an NHS Health Check in the last five years
To book your Public Health Check please complete our short enquiry form.
A staff member from your chosen site will be in contact to book your Health Check.