Booking, cancellation and refund policy
We want you to enjoy using our fantastic facilities. To make the most of your time with us, please read our booking, cancellation and refund policy.
Chelmsford City Council provides the opportunity for online bookings, as this is now the preferred way of booking and paying for the majority of our customers. We recognise that not all customers can or want to pay or book online. To support the needs of all our customers, bookings and payments can still be made in person or by phone at each leisure centre.
- Chelmsford City Council reserves the right to adjust the opening and closing hours of any of its leisure centres or to close off areas to the public for the purpose of cleaning, decorating, refurbishments and repairs or for specific functions and holidays.
- Customers will be kept informed of these changes in advance where possible, through notices at the centre and on its website(s). No refunds will be considered for facility closures of less than one month.
- Advanced booking on all applicable activities (such as exercise classes, squash, MUGA and crèche) is strongly recommended. All sessions are subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed. When facilities are full to capacity you may be asked to wait until space is available.
- Monthly members can book up to 10 days in advance. We allow a maximum of 15 advanced booked sessions in any 10 day period. This is to allow our customers equal opportunity to book into our popular classes.
- A minimum of two hours notice of cancellation is required for any activity booked in advance online, except for sports hall sessions, where a minimum of 24 hours notice of cancellation is required. Failure to do so will result in the card holder being liable for the full cost of the session. Any arrears payment must be made before further bookings can be made. This does not apply to courses.
- Refunds can only be issued by contacting the relevant centre directly and providing sufficient notification to cancel has been given. No refunds can be issued online.
- Cancellations cannot be made online unless you are a direct debit member and the activity is included in your membership. All other customers must contact the relevant centre directly.
- Chelmsford City Council reserves the right to cancel courses. Courses are run with minimum levels of attendances and are therefore subject to demand. Chelmsford City Council will provide a refund to customers where the Council has cancelled a course or session. If only part of the course is cancelled, the refund will be pro-rata.
- The customer is not entitled to a refund of course fees for cancellations made by them prior to the course starting or any sessions they have failed to attend.
- Where an activity is booked in advance, payment must be made at the time of booking to secure the booking.
- Chelmsford City Council reserves the right to amend this policy at any time without notice.
- Cashless account: All cashless amounts credited onto your account are non-refundable.
- Cashless payments are valid for use at all four Chelmsford City Council leisure centres.
- Cashless payments are valid for the duration of your ourChelmsford account providing it is an active account. We reserve the right to change this policy with a minimum of three month notice.
Chelmsford City Council is a Data Controller for the purposes of data protection legislation. All personal information is held and processed in accordance with this. Please refer to our Privacy Notices for details.