You can ask the Local Government Ombudsman(LGO) for a further investigation after our review if you:
- are not happy with the way we have handled your complaint
- are not satisfied with our response to your complaint
You must contact the LGO yourself if you want to refer your complaint. The Ombudsman is a government-appointed service which is free, impartial and independent.
As well as investigating individual complaints, the Ombudsman also publishes an annual review.
The annual review:
- looks at the performance of all councils in England and how they dealt with complaints the public have referred to the LGO
- provides a summary of information on the complaints the LGO has received about each council
- includes comments on an authority's performance and complaint-handling arrangements