Request a new Tree Preservation Order (TPO)
Before you request a new Tree Preservation Order (TPO), you need to check if the tree is already protected.
To request a TPO, you will need to tell us:
- your name and contact details
- what type of tree it is
- why you believe the tree is under threat
- why you consider the tree to be important
- the location of the tree, including a plan or sketch with recognisable points if possible
- the owner of the tree, if known
When we look at your request, we will consider how:
- visible the tree is to the public
- important the tree is, including its size, its future benefit to natural beauty and wildlife, and its value as a screen
- significant the tree is in its local surroundings
- the tree could be affected by a new development
We will update you, and anyone else involved, once we have considered your application, and determined whether to make a Tree Preservation Order.