You need permission from Essex County Council if you want a dropped kerb for vehicle access.
You will also need to get planning permission from us for your dropped kerb if:
- the access is on a classified road (you can check classified roads on Essex County Council’s list)
- your property is multi-occupied, such as a flat
- your property is in a conservation area or is a listed building
- the access will serve land or property that isn't part of a house
- the access crosses grass that you don’t own (such as a grass verge)
If you do need planning permission for your dropped kerb, you need to make a planning application.