Available work experience placements
Work experience opportunities will be available at Riverside Leisure Centre. Work experience may vary depending on the activities taking place at the centre and staff availability, but could include:
- Pools: Set up of equipment, cleaning, shadow of lifeguards
- Fitness: Set up of equipment, Shadow Fitness Instructors, Personal Trainers, Class set ups
- Ice Rink: Assisting in Skate hire, Cleaning, Observing Ice Professionals
- Reception: observing the role of the receptionist
- Maintenance: Observe and assist (depending on tasks)
- Cleaners: Observe and assist
- Admin: Observe the different roles, assist with tasks
You should be able to demonstrate the following skills at interview: Ability to work as part of a team and use own initiative, interest in sport, clear communication and good customer service.
Work experience students will normally be expected to attend the centre between 10am to 4pm, Monday to Friday.
We are currently accepting applications for work experience between May and July 2024.
- 6 May 2024
- 13 May 2024
- 27 May 2024
- 10 June 2024
- 1 July 2024
- 8 July 2024
If you want to apply for a week's work experience with us, you need to submit a copy of your CV and covering letter. Your covering letter should outline:
- why you want to take part in work experience in your chosen department
- any areas you are particularly interested in
- what skills you hope to gain from the work experience
You should also include the dates you would like to undertake the work experience and the details of the school or college you currently attend on your CV.