Annual Council (May 2023)
You can view the:
OPENING THE MEETING
The Mayor will open the meeting and ask her Chaplain to say prayers
1. Apologies for Absence
The current Mayor will ask for any apologies for absence
2. Mayor's Announcements
To receive the current Mayor's announcements
3. Election of Mayor and Deputy Mayor
The retiring Mayor will ask for nominations for Mayor for the forthcoming year.
The nominated Mayor will then in turn make a nomination for the Deputy Mayor for the forthcoming year.
Following the election of the Mayor and Deputy Mayor the meeting will adjourn to permit the new Mayor and Deputy Mayor to robe.
4. Declarations of Acceptance of Office
The Mayor will take the Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
The Deputy Mayor will take the Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
5. Mayor and Deputy Mayor's Escort
The Mayor will introduce to the Council her Consort for her year in office.
The Deputy Mayor will introduce to the Council her Escort for her year in office.
6. Address by Mayor
The Mayor will address the Council
7. Retiring Mayor and Retiring Deputy Mayor
To thank the retiring and Mayor and retiring Deputy Mayor for their service and present them with their past Mayor’s and past Deputy Mayor’s badges.
8. Mayor's Announcements
To receive the Mayor’s announcements, including the appointment of the Chaplain and the Mayor’s charities for the year.
9. Election of Leader of the Council and Leader's Scheme of Delegation
To elect the Leader of the Council and note any changes to the Scheme of Delegation.
10. Arrangements for and Appointments to Cabinet, Committees and Outside Bodies
To consider the attached Schedules of appointments
11. Appointment of Independent Persons and Parish Representatives to Governance Committee
To consider the attached report