You can apply to be a stallholder or kiosk holder at our:
- Indoor Retail Market
- Outdoor High Street Market
1. Indoor Retail Market
You can contact us to apply to be Chelmsford Retail Market stallholder or kiosk holder.
The Retail Market is open Tuesday to Saturday. It is located underneath the High Chelmer Short Stay Multi-storey car park, next to the High Chelmer Shopping Centre.
The Retail Market has a variety of stalls and kiosks, from clothes and fabric to vegetables and flowers.
You can look at our Chelmsford Indoor Retail Market page for opening times and other information.
You can look at Chelmsford Market Traders for information about the stalls at the Retail Market.
To become a stallholder or kiosk holder at the Chelmsford Retail Market, you will need:
- to have a business offer that is not already present at the market
- to be over the age of 18
- third party public liability insurance (minimum £5 million)
- a risk assessment
You can view the prices for:
Once we receive your application, we will:
- acknowledge it within five working days of receiving it
- tell you our decision within five working days of acknowledging your application
If we approve your application, you will need to pay your first rent instalment on your first day of trading. You can pay by cash or cheque at the Rent Office inside the Retail Market. We do not accept card payments.
Once you become an established trader, you will be able to pay by monthly invoice.