Trade at the High Street Market
The High Street Market takes place in Chelmsford High Street every Tuesday, Friday and Saturday. It features a selection of local and international food and produce.
To join the High Street Market waiting list, you will need:
- to sell either food or flowers
- to offer products that don't conflict with existing traders
- to be over the age of 18
- to be eligible to work in the UK
- third party public liability insurance (minimum £5 million)
- a risk assessment
- to comply with our food hygiene standards if you sell food (this includes both where you prepare the food, and where you sell the food)
We will only accept applications for permanent traders. We do not have capacity for casual pitches.
There are currently no spaces available at the High Street market for new stalls and our waiting list is currently closed.
You can check back later in the year to see if we have reopened the waiting list.
We charge per metre of stall front and the cost is:
- £6.95 per metre on Tuesdays (a 3x3 pitch would be £20.85)
- £13.90 per metre on Friday and Saturday (a 3x3 pitch would be £41.70)
Prices are valid until 31 March 2023.
What happens next
If you do become a trader, you will need to pay your rent on your first day of trading. We will collect your cash or cheque payment in the morning on the day of trade.
We expect that stallholders to:
- leave the site clean and tidy after trading
- always have a member of staff present at the stall
- provide a high level of customer service and product knowledge