This February half term we are inspired by the Open Art exhibition in our temporary exhibition space on the ground floor, and invite you to come and show off your artistic skills!
Drop in to the Wells Suite on the first floor at Chelmsford Museum and create your own scrap art book using the same mediums at the artists on display. Experiment with watercolour paint, pencils, pastels, fine liners, charcoal, colouring pencils and felt tips. Once you've made your art book, visit the Open Art exhibition, and pick your favourite piece of art that will inspire you to keep going with your creations. You may even find you have a favourite medium to get into.
Find out more about the Open Art exhibition here: https://www.chelmsford.gov.uk/museums/whats-on/temporary-exhibitions/open-art-exhibition/
Information for your visit:
- You can drop in and take part between:
10:30am and 12pm (the room will close at 12:30pm)
1:30pm and 3pm (the room will close at 3:30pm, the museum closes at 4pm)
- This activity is a drop-in style workshop which may mean we do not have space at the time that you visit. We invite you to check in when you arrive and before you leave to see if space is available.
- This activity is suitable for all ages with parental supervision. Parents must remain with their children at all times.
- Paintings that are still wet can be collected at a later date as long as a clear name is written on them and staff are made aware.
- Aprons will be provided for paint but please be aware that some supplies may stain.
- There is a two hour free limit on the car park. Please see this page for alternative parking suggestions https://www.chelmsford.gov.uk/museums/visit/chelmsford-museum/