Training and development
In addition to all the essential training you need to do your job, we offer extra opportunities for your personal growth and professional development.
From on-the-job learning to professional qualifications, we will support you to develop your skills and career.
We support you to achieve qualifications that are relevant to your role. These can be from level two (GCSE equivalent) to level seven (Postgraduate degree), including apprenticeship options.
Some examples of qualifications and apprenticeships undertaken at the Council include:
- Accountancy, Taxation Professional, Level 7 (CIPFA)
- Assistant Accountant, Level 3 (AAT)
- Business and Administration, Level 3
- Chartered Town Planner, Level 7 (RTPI)
- Commercial Procurement and Supply, Level 4 (CIPS)
- Customer Service, Level 2
- Horticulture and Landscape Operative, Level 2
- HR Support, Level 3
- Operations Manager, Level 5
- Senior Leader Masters Degree, Level 7 (MBA)
- Team Leading, Level 3
We will pay your professional membership subscription, if it is required for your role.