Home Upgrade Grant Phase 2
Home Upgrade Grant Phase 2 (HUG2) is a new government grant scheme to fund energy-saving upgrades. It is aimed at people living in cold homes who are struggling with winter fuel bills. You could qualify for these upgrades if you have an off-grid gas heating system and are impacted by the high cost of energy bills.
HUG2 could help you to use less energy, reduce your carbon footprint and cut your energy bills.
You can apply to the scheme if your home:
- is heated by oil, coal, LPG or electric-only heating
- has a poor Energy Performance Certificate score (we can provide a free EPC assessment)
In addition, you need to be a homeowner or private tenant, and:
- have a combined annual income of less than £31,000, or
- receive certain income-related benefits such as Universal Credit, or
- be in an Index of Multiple Deprivation (IMD) area
If you are a landlord with four properties or fewer, you can also apply. You must contribute at least one third of the cost of the upgrades. We will agree this with you before work begins.
How it will help
The grant can fund a range energy saving improvements, which will help cut your energy bills and reduce your carbon emissions.
These could include:
- insulation and ventilation upgrades, to keep you warn in winter and cool in summer
- a low carbon heating system, such as an air source heat pump (which will mean upgrading any existing heating system)
- heating controls, which make sure you only use heat when you need it
- an energy efficient hot water solutions, to keep your water warm for longer
- solar panels (PV) to generate electricity
- energy efficient lighting, which is cheaper to run
We will arrange a survey and EPC assessment for you on your property, which will identify which improvements are suitable for your home.
How to apply
We will contact households we think are eligible for the scheme directly.
Funding is available until March 2025.