Annual Council (May 2021)
You can view the:
1. Apologies for Absence
The Chief Executive will explain that owing to the disruption caused by the Covid-19 pandemic, the Groups on the Council have agreed that, subject to the agreement of the Council, the current Mayor and Deputy Mayor should continue in office for another year
2. Election of Mayor and Deputy Mayor
The Chief Executive will conduct the formal election of the Mayor for the forthcoming year.
The Mayor will nominate Councillor Linda Mascot as the Deputy Mayor for the forthcoming year.
3. Declarations of Acceptance of Office
The Mayor will take the Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
The Deputy Mayor will take the Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
4. Mayoress and Deputy Mayor's Consort
The Mayor will introduce to the Council her Mayoress for her year in office.
The Deputy Mayor will introduce to the Council her Consort for her year in office.
5. Address by Mayor
The Mayor will address the Council
6. Mayor's Announcements
7. Leader's Scheme of Executive Delegation
8. Appointments to Cabinet, Committees and Outside Bodies
9. Chelmsford North-East By-Pass Bridge - Forward Funding
10. Urgent Business
The Mayor will be asked to accept as an additional item of urgent business the attached motion on Contingency Arrangements for Decision Making