Annual Council (May 2019)
You can view the:
1. Apologies for Absence
2. To receive the Mayor's Announcements
3. Election of Mayor and Deputy Mayor
The retiring Mayor will call for nominations for the Mayor for the forthcoming year.
The nominated Mayor will then in turn make a nomination for the Deputy Mayor for the forthcoming year.
Following the election of the Mayor and Deputy Mayor the meeting will adjourn to permit the new Mayor and Deputy Mayor to robe.
4. Declarations of Acceptance of Office
(1) The Mayor will read and subscribe the Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
(2) The Deputy Mayor will read and subscribe the Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
5. Mayor's Consort and Deputy Mayor's Escort
The retiring Mayor’s Consort will invest the Mayor’s Escort with her badge and the Mayor’s Escort will invest the retiring Mayor’s Consort with his badge.
The retiring Deputy Mayor’s Escort will in turn invest the Deputy Mayor’s Escort with her badge and the Deputy Mayor’s Escort will invest the retiring Deputy Mayor’s Escort with her badge.
6. Address by Mayor
7. Retiring Mayor and Retiring Mayoress
- Vote of thanks to the retiring Mayor and retiring Mayor’s Consort for their services
- Presentation of past Mayor’s Badge to the retiring Mayor
- The retiring Mayor to reply
- Presentation of past Deputy Mayor’s Badge to the retiring Deputy Mayor
8. Mayor's Announcements
9. Election of Leader of the Council
10. Leader's Scheme of Delegation
11. Constitution of Political Groups and Arrangements for and Appointment to City Council and Outside Bodies
12. Amendments to the Constitution