The citizens panel is a group of residents who have volunteered to take part in consultation exercises. They provide us with feedback, opinions and ideas on our proposals and local services.
To join the panel, you will need:
- your name, address and contact details
- to be over 18 years old
- to live, study or work in Chelmsford
- provide information on which of our service you use and how often
Once we receive your application, we will:
- send you an acknowledgement within one working day
- invite you to take part in consultations
- send you regular updates about our future plans
- invite you to attend our annual panel meeting. This is an invaluable opportunity to discuss local issues with senior officers and further influence service provision.
You can join the panel whether you have a little bit of time now and then, or can help out on a regular basis. There’s no obligation, and you can choose whether or not you take part in each consultation.
You cannot join the Chelmsford Citizens panel if you are a Councillor or employee of Chelmsford City Council.