We have a public sector target around new apprenticeships starts. This target:
- runs from 1 April 2017 to 31 March 2021
- is set at 2.3 per cent of the total number of our employees
We report annually on our progress towards this target, and have submitted our second report to the Department for Education covering 2018 to 2019.
For the period between 1 April 2018 and 31 March 2019, we reported the:
- number of new employees who started working in England as 124
- number of new apprentices in England (includes both new hires and existing employees who started an apprenticeship) as 13
- percentage of apprenticeship starts as a proportion of employment starts as 10.48%
As of 31 March 2019, we reported the:
- number of employees who were working in England as 924
- number of apprentices who were working as 14
- percentage of apprentices as a proportion of number of people in employment as 1.54%
The number of apprentices who were working on 31 March 2018 was 8.