This is for all jobs held by you, your partner and any non-dependants.
If you are paid every:
- week, we will need to see your last five payslips
- two weeks, we will need to see your last three payslips
- month, we will need to see your last two payslips
If you have just started work, we will accept your contract of employment until your wage slips are available.
If you are claiming Council Tax Reduction or housing benefit and you or your partner are self employed, we need to see:
- the accounts for the last financial year
- a summary of your trading records so far if you have been trading for less than six months
The accounts should show the total income and a full breakdown of all expenses incurred.
If you don't have accounts yet, you must complete a self-employed form with a projection of earnings for the next three months invoices/receipts as requested.
This includes all other income not covered above that you/your partner get. This can include private pensions, annuities, income from rent and voluntary payments.
You must provide a payment slip or official letter, which shows how often you receive the income, less any tax deductions.
If you receive spousal maintenance, we will need to see a letter from the court or the payee to show:
- how much you are getting
- how often you receive the money
We need to know about all income you and your partner get. You need to provide any available evidence of this income.
We should be able to see evidence of other income payments on the bank statements you provide.
Council Tax Reduction or housing benefit claims only
You do not need to provide evidence of income if you or your partner gets:
- Income Support
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
If you are waiting to hear about a claim for any of these three benefits, you need to:
- provide evidence of income
- tell us in writing how you are meeting your daily living expenses
If you want to go on the housing register, you will still need to provide proof of income, even if you are receiving any of these benefits.