Why we are collecting your data
Chelmsford City Council is a data controller. This means we need to collect your personal data so that we can assist with NHS Test and Trace’s efforts in tackling the coronavirus public health pandemic. We will only collect the personal data from you that we need in order to assist in the containment of the virus.
- Phone number
- Postal address (if you do not have a phone number)
The basis for the processing
We do this as a task carried out in the public interest and for your vital interests. We will not be able to assist with the NHS Test and Trace strategy in relation to the Covid-19 (coronavirus) pandemic without the personal data you provide us with.
Who will your information be shared with
Your information will be collected by Chelmsford City Council and may be shared with the NHS Test and Trace and statutory partners.
We will never sell your data. However, we may share some of your personal information with the above third parties for:
- Public health reasons. We will only share your data when it is requested directly by NHS Test and Trace and statutory partners. Your data will not be used for any other purpose. This will only be in the unlikely event there is a cluster of coronavirus cases linked to the premises.
Providing accurate information
We need to hold accurate and up to date information about you so that we can deliver appropriate services. If any of your details change, you need to tell us as soon as possible so that we can update your records.
We will not:
- use your information for marketing or sales purposes without your prior explicit consent.
- send or store your data abroad unless it meets the requirements of the Data Protection regulations.
- make decisions about you based on automated processing.
How long we will hold your data for
Your personal data will be retained only for the purposes stated in this privacy notice and will be held by us for no more than three weeks (21 days). All personal data will be held and disposed of in a safe and secure manner.
You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you. Any access requests are free of charge.
If the information we hold about you is inaccurate, you have a right to have this corrected and you have the right to request completion of incomplete data.
You have the right to ask us to erase your personal data in certain circumstances (‘right to be forgotten’).
You have the right to ask us to stop or restrict the processing of your personal data, in certain circumstances. Where possible, we will seek to comply with your request, but we may need to hold or process information to comply with a legal requirement.
You can make any of these requests by:
- emailing email@example.com
- calling 01245 606606
- writing to Digital Services, Chelmsford City Council, Civic Centre, Duke Street, Chelmsford, CM1 1JE
If you are dissatisfied with how we have used your personal information, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Identity of Data Protection Officer
Our designated Data Protection Officer is John Breen.
You can contact him by emailing email@example.com
Chelmsford City Council
Tel: 01245 606606