Every five years, we have to review the polling districts and polling places we use for elections.
This is to ensure that, as far as practicable:
- all our electors have reasonable facilities for voting
- all our polling stations are accessible to all electors, including people who are disabled
- view a map showing the current polling arrangements and the Returning Officer's initial proposals
- read a report outlining the Returning Officer’s initial proposals, which includes a list of consultees and comments we have received so far
When using the map, you can:
- use the search bar to find your address and see what polling district you live in
use the Layers icon to add/remove the different electoral layers you would like to see on the map, including the existing arrangements and the initial proposals
use the Legend icon to display a key explaining what each layer represents
We published the Returning Officer’s initial proposalson Monday 12 August 2019.
The consultation closed on Monday 9 September 2019. We are now considering the comments and will present them in the report, with the revised proposals.
A committee will agree the final proposal on Wednesday 6 November 2019. We will then implement the agreed amendments from Sunday 1 December 2019. If an election is called before 1 December, we will continue to use the existing arrangements.
You can also download the official notice.