As you're probably aware by now, Sleeping Beauty will go ahead at the Civic Theatre between 27 November and January 3 as long as government restrictions allow.
We are currently in the process of prioritising people who already have tickets to Sleeping Beauty. If you're a current ticket holder then you will have received detailed instructions on how to reserve your new seats or alternatively; a refund.
Once this has been finalised, the remainder of tickets will go on sale to the general public.
These are the measures we will have in place at our theatre:
- Anyone usually required to wear a face mask must do so in our theatres – including during the performance. This will also apply to our staff.
- We’ll be taking your temperature as you enter the building and you’ll need to formally check in via the NHS COVID-19 app or a contact sheet if you don’t have access to this.
- There’ll be clear signage and floor markers throughout the building to help you navigate our one-way system and stay safely distanced.
- Hand sanitiser stations will be available throughout and we’ll ask you to use them regularly to help stop the spread of coronavirus.
- The auditorium will be cleaned thoroughly between each show and all other areas will receive additional cleaning.
- The bar and confectionary kiosk won’t be operating, but you’ll be able to order an ice cream or drink through a new online ordering system and seat service (we advise you order in advance).
We’ve also implemented the following changes to the show for everyone’s safety:
- The cast will be adhering to safety measures which will allow them to perform together on stage and the cast, crew and staff will be restricted to certain areas of the theatre.
- We love getting you involved in our panto, and although things might be a little different this year, it will still be plenty of fun. Keep in touch with us on social media in the coming weeks as we reveal our 2020 take on some panto classics.
If you have any questions that haven’t been covered here, check our website chelmsford.gov.uk/theatres for further details or contact us online.
If you or anyone within your household or bubble displays symptoms of coronavirus or has a positive test, DO NOT come to our theatre. If you are unable to attend, you will be able to get a full refund or credit.