Conditions of sale
- Refunds are ONLY available if a performance is cancelled.
- Management reserves the right to refuse admission and to require any ticket holder to leave the premises.
- Latecomers may be asked to wait until a suitable break in the performance.
- Use of cameras and recording equipment is prohibited unless otherwise stated.
- Management reserves the right to alter the programme, cast or arrangements.
Lost tickets will only be replaced at the discretion of the management.
The City Council reserves the right to cancel tickets which they reasonably suspect to have been fraudulently, which exceed any advertised limits on the quantity that a person/ household can buy, or which they suspect to have been resold, or attempted to be resold, for financial gain. Any applicable restrictions to the quantity of tickets will be made clear at the time of booking.
Certain shows are subject to restoration fees of £1.00.
Tickets booked online
- By choosing to book online, it is your responsibility to check what type of discounted tickets and offers are available and that you have booked the correct tickets before completing your booking.
- No refunds will be given for incorrectly booked tickets.
- If you exceed the maximum number of tickets allowed, we reserve the right to cancel the extra tickets booked. No refunds will be given for these tickets or any applicable fees.
- Misuse of offers or specially discounted tickets may result in your booking being cancelled.
- The maximum number of tickets that may be purchased online for any show is 9. The overall limit per transaction is 20.
- The only promotional offer available online is the ourChelmsford card discount (selected shows only).
- Where applicable, a family ticket consists of 4 tickets, which can be either 2 adults and 2 children or 1 adult and 3 children. To select the deal online, select 1 Family Ticket and then 3 Additional Family Tickets.
Not all concessionary tickets are available online. Please fill out this form to enquire at the Box Office. Please note that you may be required to show proof of concessions on the door.
- Please note that all bookings have a £1.50 transaction fee.
Concessions are available at most performances for:
- Under 16s (2-15 years)
- People aged 60 years and over
- Students over 16 and in full-time (FE/HE) education
Benefit concessions include the following:
- Those receiving income support
- Job seekers allowance
- Income related employment and support allowance (ESA)
- Training premium/allowance and modern apprenticeship
- Essex carer discount card holders
- Carers allowance
- Foster carer relief
- Council tax support/housing benefit
- Registered unemployed
Not all concessionary tickets are available online. Please call the box office on 01245 606505 to book. Please note that you may be required to show proof of concessions on the door.
£7 ticket for registered unemployed and students
Registered unemployed and students in full-time (FE/HE) education can purchase a £7 concession on most performances. These tickets are not available online. Please call the box office on 01245 606505 to book.
- Proof of status is required and must be dated within the last 3 months.
- A limited number of tickets are available on shows that either display the £7 symbol (within the brochure) or state so on the show page.
- Tickets are subject to availability and are issued on a ‘first come, first serve’ basis.
Concessions for children
- Children under two years are free on most performances and do not require a ticket, but are expected to sit on a lap.
A family ticket consists of 4 tickets, which can be either 2 adults and 2 children or 1 adult and 3 children.
Children must be under the age of 16.
The price shown on the ticket is per seat.
The pricing structure is currently being reviewed and therefore the concession/ special offer tickets may be subject to change in the middle of the season.
ourChelmsford card members can purchase tickets online. Full terms and conditions of this offer can be found on the promotional offers page.
Pick 'n' mix season ticket
This offer is not available online. Full terms and conditions of this offer can be found on the promotional offers page.
- Any discount priced tickets must be requested at the time of booking and the box office may ask to see proof of entitlement before selling tickets at discount prices.
- All discounts are subject to availability where applicable and at the discretion of the box office.
- All discounts can be withdrawn at the discretion of the Theatre Management without prior notice.
- Discounts do not apply to tickets already purchased.
- The Theatre Management reserves the right to introduce discounts and price changes without prior notice.
- Discounted tickets cannot be booked in conjunction with or combined with any other reductions or offers.
Full terms and conditions relating to discounted tickets and special offers are as follows:
- Offers are subject to availability.
- All offers are limited to a maximum of 2 tickets per customer, per transaction, unless otherwise stated. The offer can only be used once.
- The promotion applies only to the event clearly stated in the offer, and excludes any other offer or event.
- A valid voucher, promotional code or letter must be produced in order for the offer to be valid.
- The offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and applies to full-priced tickets unless otherwise stated. For example, it does not apply to concessionary, family or group rates or other special offer.
- Ticket offers do not apply to tickets already purchased at the original full-priced rate.
- The offer cannot be used retrospectively on tickets already purchased.
- No cash alternative will be offered.
- The theatres’ standard terms and conditions of purchase, sale and entry apply.
- Seat availability is on a first come, first served basis.
- Special Offer customers and their guests have no priority over other customers.
- Tickets are non refundable and non transferable.
- The marketing department reserves the right to withdraw, amend or replace the offer in respect of any individual event without prior notification.