Search and track applications using Public Access
Comment on applications using Public Access
Comment on applications by post
You can use Public Access to view planning applications that have been submitted to us. You can search for applications, track their progress and add comments.
Public Access uses tabs, and you can use these to:
view details of the application, including a summary, contacts and important dates
make a comment if the application is in the consultation period
- view comments from consultees
- view plans and documents, including drawings, decision notices and officer reports
- look at any related cases
- view the location of the application on a map
Many of the building plans, documents and drawings include very detailed information. You may find it easier to view these documents on a desktop computer, rather than on a smartphone or tablet.
If you don’t have access to the internet or a desktop computer, you can use self-service desktop computers at:
- the Customer Service Centre, Civic Centre
- Chelmsford Library
- South Woodham Ferrers Library
You can also make comments by post if you are unable to use Public Access.
3. Comment on applications by post
We recommend that you use Public Access to make your comments. However, we do accept comments submitted by post.
If you do submit your comment by post, you need to include your name and address, and either the application number or the site address.