The draft Local Plan includes:
- around 8,800 houses on new site allocations
- around 1,300 houses on sites not identified (windfalls)
- around 11,700 new homes which already have planning permission
- 10 Gypsy and Traveller pitches
- 24 Travelling Showpeople plots
- 725 new jobs a year
- 55,000 square metres of business and employment space
- protection for the green belt, valued landscapes, heritage assets, and areas for wildlife and nature conservation
- supporting infrastructure including schools, roads, transport improvements, and community and leisure facilities
- planning polices which we will use to determine planning applications
Examination hearing session dates
During the examination, the inspector will hold hearing sessions on principal matters that she identifies from the representations we received during the pre-submission consultation.
We will add the dates for the hearing sessions, as well as guidance notes, when the inspector confirms them.
The Secretary of State has appointed Yvonne Wright BSc (Hons) DipT&CP MSc MRTPI as the inspector.
She will undertake the independent examination into the Local Plan, and tell us if we need to make any changes.
The inspector will apply tests of soundness, which assess if:
- we have prepared the Local Plan in accordance with the Duty to Co-operate
- the Local Plan is legally compliant
- the Local Plan is consistent with national policy
The programme officer
We have appointed a Programme Officer, an independent officer who will organised and manage the administrative and procedural matters of the examination.
Our Programme Officer is Andrea Copsey.
For any queries about the Local Plan Examination, you can contact Andrea:
- by post: Examination Office, PO Box 12607, Clacton-on-Sea, CO15 9GN
- by phone: 07842 643988
The evidence base contains the background and technical documents we used to prepare the Local Plan. These include housing, traffic, landscape and sustainability. We have also been working with our partners to understand infrastructure needs.
We have carried out three stages of consultation on the Local Plan.
Issues and Options, from November 2015 to January 2016
Preferred Options, from March 2017 to May 2017
Pre-Submission, from January 2018 to March 2018
We carefully considered all the comments we received in these consultations, and used them to progress the Local Plan to submission stage.