Current call for sites
The SHELAA is open all year round, meaning you can submit a new site or amend an existing site on a rolling basis.
- submit a new site, that has not previously been included within a call for sites or SLAA submission
- update or amend a site that is already on our call for sites or SLAA database (amendments can include adding or removing land, providing additional details, or changing ownership)
Previous calls for sites
To identify available land for all types of use, we held a call for sites in:
- winter 2014
- winter 2015/16, alongside the new Local Plan Issues and Options consultation
- spring 2017, alongside the Preferred Options Consultation
- spring 2018, alongside the Pre-Submission Consultation
- November 2018 through to December 2019
Following each call for sites, we published an annual report.
The annual report does not allocate sites for development. It does, however, provide information that we used to prepare our adopted Local Plan and will use in forthcoming Local Plan reviews.
Chelmsford Policy Board considered the latest annual report on 4 June 2020.