You need permission from Essex County Council if you want a dropped kerb for vehicle access.
You only need to get planning permission from us for your dropped kerb if:
- the access is on a classified road - you can check classified roads on Essex County Council’s list
- your property is multi-occupied, such as a flat
- your property is in a conservation area or is a listed building
- your property is a shop, commercial business or office
- the access crosses grass that you don’t own (such as a grass verge)
If you do need planning permission for your dropped kerb, you should make a planning application.