Chelmsford City Council

Dropped kerbs

Apply for planning  permission for a dropped kerb

You need permission from Essex County Council if you want a dropped kerb for vehicle access.

You only need to get planning permission from us for your dropped kerb if:

  • the access is on a classified road - you can check classified roads on Essex County Council’s list
  • your property is multi-occupied, such as a flat
  • your property is in a conservation area or is a listed building        
  • your property is a shop, commercial business or office
  • the access crosses grass that you don’t own (such as a grass verge)

If you do need planning permission for your dropped kerb, you should make a planning application.

    Mandatory field

    Is there something wrong with this page

    Go to: