The developer Crest Nicholson submitted plans for a new development at land to the north of Roxwell Road. It is known locally as Warren Farm.
Masterplans are high level documents that set out the broad content of development. We use masterplans to help shape excellent places to live, work and enjoy.
Masterplans help to:
- show how a development relates to the existing site and surrounding area
- identify the location of access points and community facilities
- show which parts of the site will be developed and which parts of the site will stay open
The masterplan must reflect our Local Plan, which stipulates the content of development on this site.
There are some key milestones during the process, such as:
- allocating the site for development through the Local Plan
- producing the masterplan
- submitting a planning application
- submitting a reserved matters planning application, which provides the finer detail of the proposals
Crest Nicholson submitted a revised masterplan, following initial consultation in November 2018. The reference is 18/00001/MAS.
We have labelled the site in our new Local Plan as “Strategic Growth Site 2: West Chelmsford”.
The masterplan has now gone through all the necessary stages of consultation, review and revision.
Cabinet approved the final plan at the Cabinet meeting of 26 January 2021.
You can view the final Masterplan (February 2021).
Some of these documents feature detailed information and are large in size. You may find it easier to download and view these documents on a desktop computer, rather than on a smartphone or tablet.