You need to tell us if you intend to demolish a building or part of a building, at least six weeks before the demolition.
You don’t need to tell us if you are going to demolish:
- a small building that is less than 50 cubic metres
- certain agricultural buildings
After you have told us you intend to demolish a building, we will send you a counter notice. You can’t demolish the building until you have received the counter notice.
To tell us that you intend to demolish a building, you will need:
- the name and contact details of the person who will demolish the building
- the name and contact details of the person who wants the demolition, if it is not the person demolishing the building
- the location of the building to be demolished
- the dates when the demolition will take place
You will also need to submit a site plan showing:
- the site boundaries
- which buildings you are demolishing
- the buildings next to the building you are demolishing
- the location of drains and sewers that you will seal, disconnect or remove
You can find information about planning permission and demolition on the Planning Portal.