We investigate dangerous buildings and structures, which could be dangerous due to:
- storm damage
- old age
- fire or explosion
- vehicle impact
- design defects
If the building does not appear to present an immediate danger, you can report it to us online at any time.
If the damage has occurred suddenly and presents an immediate danger, you can call us on 01245 606431 during office hours.
If you are unable to speak to anyone, or it is out of hours, you can call 01245 606299. However, you should only use our out of hours number in an emergency.
Information we need
When you report a dangerous building or structure, you will need to tell us:
- the location of the building or structure
- why the building or structure is dangerous
- your name and contact details
- the name and contact details of the building or structure owner, if you know who it is
We can deal with a dangerous building or structure by:
- asking the owner to carry out remedial works
- carrying out enforcement action
- employing a contractor to make the building safer, in an emergency