Evening car park permits for residents
If you live in the Chelmsford area, you can apply for an evening car park permit.
Using your permit, you can park in one of 15 of our car parks, including:
- Baddow Road (CM2 0DD)
- Coval Lane (CM1 1TG)
- Fairfield Road (CM1 1TD)
- Glebe Road (CM1 1QG)
- Meadows Surface (CM2 0WP)
- Moulsham Street (CM2 0LG)
- Parkway (CM2 0DG)
- Rectory Lane East (CM1 1RH)
- Rectory Lane West (CM1 1RE)
- Regina Road (CM1 1SL)
- Riverside (CM1 1PA)
- Waterhouse Lane (CM1 2RL)
- Waterloo Lane 1 (CM1 1BD)
- Waterloo Lane 2 (CM1 1BD)
- Waterloo Lane 3 (CM1 1BD)
You can use your permit between 5pm and 8am Monday to Friday, and all day Saturday and Sunday.
Your permit will cost £200, and you can pay for it by Direct Debit each year.
How to apply
To apply for a permit, you will need:
- your name, address and contact details
- your vehicle make, model and registration number
- the name of the car park you want to park in
- the date you want your permit to start from
What happens next
Once we receive your application, we will:
- acknowledge it within three working days
- establish if the car park you want is available
If the car park is available, we will:
- send you the full application pack to complete and return, including the Direct Debit mandate
- contact you within 10 working days to confirm your permit and arrange to take the payment
- confirm in writing that we have set up your permit
If the car park you want is not available, we will contact you to offer you a place on the waiting list.
You need to let us know if your details change, such as a change of address or vehicle.
If you no longer need your season ticket, you need to give a month's notice in writing by submitting a cancellation request.
You should then return your windscreen disc and barrier card to us without delay from the last day of the notice period.
If you do not return your season ticket, we will continue to invoice you at the normal rate.