reopening 17 May
We are getting ready to welcome to welcome you back to the museum on Monday 17 May if the government follows its planned roadmap out of lockdown.
Although most things will be the same, there will be some changes to your normal visit.
Times and tickets
- We will be open Monday to Sunday, from 11am to 4pm (last entry 2pm).
- The museum will remain free to enter, but you won't be able to visit without booking in advance.
- You will book a designated 10 minute arrival time.
- One group will be able to book in to a time slot. A group is a maximum of 6 people from the same household. This includes members of your support bubble.
- Tickets will be available one week at a time. You will be able to book tickets at 10am each Monday for the following week, i.e. from 10 May, you will be able to book for a visit between 17 and 23 May.
- There will be a one way system around the museum to show you our brilliant objects.
- You should wear a face covering while you are in the museum, unless you are exempt.
- We will provide hand sanitiser around the museum.
- Our orange interactives and games will be switched off.
- The Toys and Childhood and the Fashion and Clothing galleries will be closed as there is not enough space to keep you safe.
- You will be able to spend 10 minutes in each gallery, which will give you plenty of time to explore!
You can download the museum guide for your visit, or collect one from reception.
Boris the Bear will be ready to welcome everyone to the museum, but unfortunately the bees will still be on holiday for the first few weeks that we are open.
And don't forget the Hive Cafe is open too for delicious food and drink. Or why not take part in one of our park trails around Oaklands Park?