We are excited to say that on the 19 July we will be opening the museum without any restrictions.
- We will be open every day between 10am and 5pm.
- You will no longer have to book your visit in advance.
- All of our galleries will reopen, including the Toys and Costumes
- Our exhibition 'On Air: Chelmsford's Global Experiment' will be open.
- You can discover more with our orange interactives around the museum.
- There will be no one-way system.
- Although you will no longer need to wear a face covering, if you feel more comfortable doing so, please do.
- Social distancing will no longer need to be maintained, but please respect other visitor's space so that everyone feels comfortable.
You can download the museum guide for your visit, or collect one from reception. The guide has a handy map, and a top 10, so you can discover our favourite objects.
Boris the Bear will be ready to welcome everyone to the museum, but unfortunately the bees will still be on holiday for a few weeks.
And don't forget the Hive Cafe is open too for delicious food and drink. Or why not take part in one of our park trails around Oaklands Park?