Our Leisure Plus card rewards healthy and active lifestyles, giving you a range of benefits at our leisure centres, theatres and special events.
With a Leisure Plus card, you can enjoy discounted prices, advance booking and special offers, all whilst earning loyalty points.
- Apply for a Leisure Plus card
- Renew your Leisure Plus card
- Prices and types of Leisure Plus card
- Loyalty points
- Leisure Plus terms and conditions
3. Prices and types of Leisure Plus card
Your Leisure Plus card is valid for one year, so you only need to make one annual payment.
The price of your Leisure Plus card depends on your age, and whether you live in the Chelmsford area.
The type of card you need also depends on your age, and whether you are on benefits or are registered as disabled.
Price of Leisure Plus card
Under 18 years resident: £5
Under 18 years non-resident: £7.50
18 to 59 years resident: £10
18 to 59 years non-resident: £15
Over 60 years resident: £5
Over 60 years non-resident: £7.50
Types of Leisure Plus card
LC1 Mini: 0 to 4 years
LC2 Junior: 5 to 10 years
LC3 Young Person: 11 to 15 years
LC4 Young Adult: 16 to 17 years
LC5 Adult: 18 to 59 years
LC6 Senior: Over 60 years
LC8 Access Plus: for people receiving benefits or who are registered disabled
Identification you need to show
When you apply for a Leisure Plus card, you need to show:
- identification that includes your date of birth, such as your:
- original birth certificate
- driving licence
- proof that you live in the Chelmsford area if you are applying for a resident card, such as:
- a recent utility bill
- a Council Tax bill
- your driving licence
If you are applying for your child, you can use your identification to prove that you live in the Chelmsford area.
You can apply for an LC8 card if you receive:
- Council Tax Reduction
- Housing Benefit
- Income Support
- Personal Independence Payments
- Job Seekers Allowance
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Training Premium or Allowance
- Carers Allowance
- Foster Carer Relief
You can also apply for an LC8 card if you:
- are an apprentice
- are a full time student
- have an Essex Carer Discount Card
When you apply for an LC8 card, you need to show a letter from the last three months from the government agency providing your benefit.
If you are a full time student, you need to show an NUS card or college ID card valid for the current calendar year.